So do you intend to Update Redmi 2 and 2 Prime To Android 8.0 Oreo? if your ans is yes, then you are at right place. Today we are here with an overview guide on How to Update Redmi 2 and 2 Prime To Android 8.0 Oreo. Xiaomi Redmi 2 was launched in 2015 and no more additional updates were pushed to the gadget.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 comes with a 4.7 inch screen which has a resolution of 720X1280 pixels and also includes 312 pixels per inch, the mobile phone includes a qualcomm snapdragon 410 cpu paired with 2gb of ram and 16Gb storage. The smartphone runs on Miui 8 based on android Kitkat 4.4.4 however today in this guide we will certainly show you The simplest means with which you will certainly have the ability to Install android 8.0 Oreo in Redmi 2 and 2 Prime.
So to upgrade Redmi 2/Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo we will utilize a custom rom and also the name of the custom-made rom that we will certainly set up on the tool is AOSP. AOSP is a rom which is similar in look to the Stock android os yet it has lots of brand-new functions and the finest thing concerning the rom is that it is based upon Most current android 8.0 Oreo. So Without wasting Much time lets begin the overview guide on The best ways How to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Redmi 2 and 2 Prime.
You may like: How to Update Redmi 2 and 2 Prime to Miui 9
What to do before you download and install Android 8.0 Oreo (Backup Process)
First of all, you may want to think about supporting your tool. This is the finished, steady release of Android Nougat, however there ‘s constantly a chance things can go wrong throughout the upgrade process, and having a back-up will certainly allow you to change to your previous version of Android quickly and easily.
Make sure that your phone is integrated backup feature is allowed. To do this go to ‘Settings‘ > ‘Backup & reset‘ and make certain sure to check on both ‘Backup my data’ and ‘Automatic restore’ are checked.
You can also back up your photos by connecting your Android phone to a COMPUTER/Laptop via USB, and afterthat see the phone in Windows or Mac OS X, search to the DCIM folder and also copy the folder or its contents over to your connected PC.
Requirements before you start Update Redmi 2 and 2 Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo
- The AOSP customized ROM is for Redmi 2 and 2 Prime, So do not try to install this ROM on any type of other phones as it could brick your phones
- Make sure to check there is more then 65% battery or plug in for charge Your device and wait for the minimum 65% battery.
- Then backup all your Important Files, photos and contacts as describe above in Backup Section.
- Then make sure that your device/Phone should have minimum 4Gb space to install the ROM
Also check : Whats New Features in Android 8.0 Oreo
- Based on Latest android 8.0 Oreo
- Battery tweaks that increase battery life upto 20%
- New Design
- No Hang or Lag problem
- New Ui
Download Android 8.0 Oreo ROM for Redmi 2 and 2 Prime
How to Update Redmi 2 and 2 Prime To Android 8.0 Oreo – Step by Step
- First of all Download ROM for Redmi 2 or 2 Prime from above
- Now you Have to Place the ROM in the root of Phone’s SD Card (External Storage)
- Then rename the file to “ROM.zip” or “Update.zip“
- Then “Turn off” your device completely
- Now Boot your device from Recovery Mode
- Now you will see many options on the phone screen
- Now Tap on “Wipe” option
- Now Tap on “Wipe Data” option
- Then select “Wipe Dalvik Cache“
- Then select “Wipe Cache Partition“
- Now select “Install“
- Now Choose the ROM file “ROM.zip” or “Update.zip“
- Then Swipe Right to confirm the Installation
- Now Wait for the installation to get completed, This can take around 5 to 7 minutes to complete the installation
- After complete the installation “Reboot” your phone. Thats it…
- Now You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo Update on Redmi 2 or 2 prime
So this was our Guide on How to Update Xiaomi Redmi 2 and 2 Prime to Android 8.0 Oreo, We wish this guide helped you to obtain most current android version on your phone. And if you have any kind of question you could comment down below in the Comment Section. We will happy to answer…